One week has now passed since we launched the DailyPerfect news site that’s shows our predictive personalization technology in action. On Friday I posted The DailyPerfect News Site Is Publicly Launched — the next morning emotions after going live with the service. Here is what has happened during the week.
The launch was on Thurday. By now, we have got 8000 unique visitors who have made 9000 new user requests. On Friday, we basically got the coverage from all the significant Estonian media publishers. Here is the (far from non-exhaustive) list of feedback we have got from the international public since launch, during the week:
- ArcticStartup: DailyPerfect Launches A Predictive News Service
- The Baltic Course: DailyPerfect launches predictive news site
- TheNextWeb: The Search Revolution continues with DailyPerfect’s web voodoo
- TechGeist: DailyPerfect – The Simplest News Aggregator that Tailors to Your Needs
- ReadWriteWeb: DailyPerfect: Latest News Aggregator to Attempt Personalization — the article here suggests we are willing to challenge other news sites, but that’s not the case actually. The news site is intended to be a showcase for our predictive targeting technology. Our business model is predicated on offering our personalization IP as an API-driven service to publishers, ad networks, ecommerce providers and direct marketers. Our CEO, Louis Kanganis made a comment with more explanation there as well – check it.
- Now Possible: How to personalize before you get personal: Daily Perfect — this one captures our case and ambition most precisely I think: „In reality, the firm wants to solve one of the biggest stumbling blocks to making money through personalization, and that is what CEO Louis Kanganis calls the “cold start” issue.“ The explanation is there, just go and read it.
And last, but not least, the chat in twitter has been displaying a dominating strong wow-effect during the week: the Twitter chat on DailyPerfect (this search result, of course, updates all the time – it won’t freeze in the „first week picture“). Most people are amazed, a few a bit sceptical or worried 🙂 about the personalization results. Some are tweeting news via DailyPerfect „Tweet this“ feature. Some give a praise for the nicely done user experience, as one twitter user did put it: „I think dailyperfect.com really hit the sweet spot of lazy registration pattern“
It is really exciting to have this all going on. It has been one of the coolest weeks in my life.
Check also my posting from last Friday, The DailyPerfect News Site Is Publicly Launched.