I found couple of planks, some nails from my garage, and I coubled up a drawer for business ideas. So, here it is: the Ideas Drawer. It has already a bunch of ideas in it (12 at the moment of writing this post), mostly written by the members of the Estonian Startup Leaders Club. You are free to come and read these ideas, but there is one catch.
In order to read the ideas in the drawer, you have to contribute your’s. If you have some idea for which you don’t have time to implement them yourself, but you feel it would be cool if somebody would do it, just slip it into the drawer.
I did put some dwarfs into the drawer, who will review your idea(s) probably in couple of hours. If they like your idea, they’ll put it up for others to read and send you back the key that opens the drawer for you.
It is possible I’ll add some more feature to the drawer that I think would be cool to have. However, I am doing it from the couple of hobby hours a week (not as full time job), so, I can’t really say when something might happen.
Based on my own random thoughts and the feedback I’ve got (mostly from the members of the Estonian Startup Leaders Club), the todo list of the potential features that I might add in some near future is this (in the given order of priority):
- Commenting to allow the people with the startup itch to discuss their ideas and potentially even team up to do something about an idea. I haven’t decided yet whether I’ll use some Facebook comments widget or some different means for this.
- LinkedIn and Twitter OAuth for those, who don’t have Facebook profile. Currently the drawer uses only Facebook Connect to show the identity of the authors of the ideas.
- Some profile of “wants” and “haves” to allow the people with a startup itch to clobber up for another scratching experiment
- Some notification mechanism for those willing to get notified about new ideas in the drawer.
Feel free to add your feature proposals, bug reports etc. to the comments below.
I have been writing about business ideas also in the earlier posts:
- The Interview with the Writer and the Director of “Startup”, a Theatrical Play by Estonian Theatre NO99
- Outcome of Mobile Monday: a Small Scale Business Idea — Do You Need One?